Step Forward Support are looking for energetic, motivated and fun-loving support workers to join to our team to support service users at our residential care homes in Handsworth Wood.
This role will suit flexible and dynamic individuals available to work; days, nights and weekends. Step Forward Support would like to hear from you if you can make positive contributions in supporting vulnerable adults with complex and sometimes challenging needs.
You will be required to support service users 1:1 to access the community for activities such as going to college, the gym, cinema, swimming, shopping and much much more!
Your duties will also include supporting the service user with
- Learning how to become more independent
- Personal care
- Meal preparation and housework
- Managing their medication
- Staying in contact with family and friends
- Attending hospital appointments and meetings
- Finding hobbies and other leisure activities
- Accessing education and training
- Keeping safe in the home and in the community
Preferably at least 1 year experience as a support worker in the Learning disability or Mental Health setting working with complex behaviours & forensics
- Care Certificate
- NVQ in Health & Social Care (Preferred)
You will be accountable to the Home Manager and the Registered manager.
- You will receive and complete a full induction
- Receive ongoing training throughout your employment
- Enrolled into the pension Scheme
- Rate of pay from £9-£9.50 per hour dependent upon experience
Offer of Employment is subject to a successful interview, satisfactory DBS check and references.